Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
R
Micro usb plug on the orange charging cord won't fit into the back of the ring video doorbell
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support
The micro usb plug on the orange charging cord won't fit into the back of the ring video doorbell. It has worked for a few years but now I have tried everything but it won't go in all the way therefore its not charging.

13-04-2021 04:06:05

Responses (14)

B
This is happening to mine too. Very strange. What did you do? I’m past the warranty and looks like I can’t charge it anymore. It’s the port that won’t accept the plug anymore. Not is damaged, it’s more like the portal closed up half way in.

01-02-2022 12:53:02

M
The included micro USB should always fit the charging port on your Video Doorbell or battery. If it is not inserting at all, please check for debris or obstructions in the port. It is also a great step to ensure the USB is not damaged. Our support team can also help further with this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

02-02-2022 06:08:27

B
I have the same issue. Nothing is blocking the port and it’s the cord that came with the device. It doesn’t go in all the way so I can’t charge it. This doesn’t make sense as worked and charged many times before. At first I thought it was the wrong cord but it’s the same. Nothing is damaged, it simply doesn’t fit anymore. What options are there other than to toss it?

01-03-2022 07:40:34

K
Have the same problem as the rest of you. I see ya all got a run-around answer. Did any of yoju find a answer??

18-03-2022 08:33:14

R
I'm having the same problem with the USB port. Anyone found a solution?

20-06-2022 05:05:30

U
I believe this is a Scam to get you to purchase new Ring product. There is no debris and absolutely no reason why this stopped working all of a sudden. It’s like the device was developed with this “shutdown to prevent charge” feature! Our other technology freely receives plug-ins for life. This is suspect/a scam with a bogus explanation/so-called help from Ring! What makes them think that we’d buy another Ring product! I won’t!!!

03-07-2022 04:11:05

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User