Metal casing corroding and pitting

I have a Ring Video Doorbell that is pitted and corroded down one side. No unusual or extreme weather conditions, only 2-3 years old, would expect an item that is designed to be outdoors to last better than this.

Does warranty cover an exchange in these circumstances?

Thanks

Craig

Hey @CraigJ. While the devices are weather resistant, they are not weather proof. Extreme weather conditions that the Doorbell may be subject to could cause this. Either way, please reach out to our support team here to see if this is covered for you! Feel free to come back and let us know how this goes, as this answer may help out other neighbors. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue if you wouldn’t mind looking into my model as well?

Hi @davi459. Seems to be the same case! Nevertheless, please reach out to our support team to see if you’re still within warranty to have the device replaced for this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: