Mechanical doorbell doesn’t work

Hello, I have Ring Doorbell Pro 2 and i can’t get the mechanical door bell to work. I’ve tried checked the settings in the app, change out the transformer, check voltage with multimeter, reset the doorbell and it still doesn’t work. The mechanical doorbell is on the compatible list and was working with the old doorbell, so I have no idea what else to do. Please help!

1 Like

Hi @user44195. What is the make and model of your chime kit? Do you have the Pro Power Kit installed? Feel free to share a picture of how you have the Pro Power Kit installed. I may need to refer you to our support team for assistance with hardwiring, but I’m happy to take a look at a picture to see if there’s anything I can spot.

Hi Caitlyn,
The model of the doorbell is Nutone bk131lpb-1. And, yes power kit is installed. Other than the mechanical doorbell not working the ring doorbell pro 2 works fine.

@user44195 Thanks for sharing that picture. I don’t see anything that looks like it could be preventing the chime from ringing. One other thing to check is the In-Home Chime Setting in the Ring app, under Device Settings. Ensure the Chime Type is set to mechanical, and the Ring in-home Chime is toggled on. If those settings are correct and the chime is still not ringing, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Go to setup mode chimes, and select home chime.

My Ring Pro2 worked great for a day or two and then the mechanical ringer on my wall stopped working even though it is the exact ringer that they show in their videos. I saw in another post somewhere that the power kit V3 that came with the product doesn’t work on many mechanical ringers and you need to switch to V2 power kit. Beware, there are a lot of resellers selling spare parts with a picture of the solid white power kit which looks like the V2 but what you get is the white and orange V3 kit. I bought my spare parts from Ring directly Spare Parts (Video Doorbell Pro 2) | Ring and it contained the V2 kit. Just hooked it up and it works great.

1 Like

Hi @gitterdone. Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you! :slight_smile:

Hi gitterdone, After reading your post, I purchased the spare parts kit from Ring and I got the orange and white power kit, not the solid white one. Luckily the kit is very cheap so it didn’t break the bank and my next plan is to look into buying just the V2 power kit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.