Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
Q
Mechanical Chime Doesn't Ring With v3 Power Kitt
hardwired-video-doorbell
installation
troubleshooting
I have 2 Ring doorbells and one mechanical chime. The Front is a Battery Doorbell Plus that also hardwired. The Rear is a Video Doorbell Pro 2. They are wired according to the diagram labeled "[One Ring Video Doorbell Pro/one Ring Video Doorbell/one internal doorbell chime](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022454432-Wiring-Diagrams-for-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Pro-Setup )" The Power Kit is v3. My transformer reads ~21 VAC. My chime is a NuTone on the [compatibility list](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003008663-Ring-Video-Doorbell-2-Chime-Kit-Compatibility-List) When the PowerKit is in circuit the Front rings fine but the Rear does not ring the chime - everything else is fine, both report Good level 1 power, camera, wifi, etc. When I remove the PowerKit the Rear will ring the chime, but the Rear reports insufficient power and the mechanical chime intermittently buzzes and rings. Is my Power Kit faulty?

28-10-2023 02:22:58

Responses (2)

Q
The answer: even though the transformer had sufficient voltage, it did not have sufficient power - only 10VA. I shelled out $25 for the Ring transformer 30VA and all problems solved. It would be nice if the Ring app could detect and communicate this. From the device health before and after the output was the same: good level 1 power.

30-10-2023 06:34:56

C
Hi @QuinnChi. I'm happy to hear a new transformer resolved this issue for you! Your feedback is appreciated as well, as our teams are always working to improve the Ring app. :)

01-11-2023 08:10:40

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

01-12-2023 08:11:34

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User