Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
L
Map shown in Birds Eye View is blurry and tiled
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting

For the last two or three weeks, the image that is displayed in the Birdseye view has become blurry and tiled. It’s almost as if all of the information is not being downloaded to the app. If I click on it and zoom out, there are some squares that are clear but the one that is directly over my house is blurry. I know that Mapbox supplies the information to Ring but I don’t know if it’s an issue with the app not using up-to-date information or if the problem is with the information Mapbox is giving it. I have tried to go through the settings To see if there was anywhere for it to re-download information or something along those lines, but I can’t find anything that solves this issue. It’s also affecting all of the cameras I have that have Birdseye available.

06-05-2024 10:56:18

Responses (4)

T

Hi @Likenodukes. We’d love to be able to assist you with this. Please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring with a screenshot of what you are seeing and we’ll be able to assist you.

09-05-2024 04:35:28

W

Same thing here - Birds Eye view is blurry … I even tried setting it up again/editing the zone and the whole thing is just a blurry map.

I have a hardwired Ring Pro 2 Doorbell.

11-05-2024 03:00:27

C

Hi @Likenodukes @wkkunkle. It would be helpful if you could share a screenshot example of what you’re seeing. I can check with my team on if this is expected, or what troubleshooting steps may be available. If you aren’t comfortable sharing a screenshot, you can get in touch with our support team as @Tom_Ring mentioned.

14-05-2024 07:08:49

L

@Caitlyn_Ring @Tom_Ring
There used to be a few squares that were clear but now it appears that the whole Birds Eye picture is blurry.

16-05-2024 01:47:29

T

Hi @Likenodukes. Thank you for sharing that image! I’m not sure of the specific model cam you have, but here are some steps you can try.

1. Tap the in the upper left.
  2. Tap on Devices.
  3. Choose the Cam.
  4. Tap on Motion Settings.
  5. Tap on 3D Motion Detection.
  6. Tap on Change Detection Location.
  7. Tap the layer icon in the upper right corner of the map during setup or while changing detection location.
  8. Tap on Vector Mode.

If this does not change the image, unfortunately, there’s not much else we can do. The images for the 3D imaging are provided by MapBox and all we can do at this time is forward feedback to have the image improved. I apologize that this isn’t the best solution, but rest assured we are advocating for change with this concern.

20-05-2024 05:28:39

T

Hello I'm in Belvidere Illinois and having the same issue with my my Ring Pro that I paid the $200 because I wanted the best doorbell camera I could get I also have a full Ring alarm. I feel a little taken because it worked great for 2 months and for the last 6 months or better the picture has been crap! If I wanted to show this to a cop if something happened it could be any home anywhere that's how bad the picture is. I'm very disappointed in Ring because they usually have a quality product and this is my second Ring doorbell, I upgraded to the PRO model and gave the old one to my brother who uses it on his home maybe I shouldn't have upgraded sorry RING but it's the truth. I'll guess I have no choice but to leave it in your hands to fix because nothing can be done on my end. Wally Pasternak, Belvidere, Illinois 

02-07-2024 12:01:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User