Manually Keeping Floodlight and Spotlight On

I recently had a party, and my plan was to keep the lights from the Ring Floodlight and Spotlight on for the entire time people were out on the deck. I turned both fixtures on manually through the app, but after awhile, they would turn off. I would turn them back on and, again, they would turn off after several minutes.

Is there a way to keep the lights on after I’ve turned them on manually, until I turn them off in the app?

Hi @SoCalRinger. The lights for the Spotlight Cam Wired and Spotlight Cam Mount cannot stay on indefinitely when using the Light toggle. The lights will stay on up to the amount of time it is set on, which is up to 15 minutes. The lights on a Spotlight Cam Battery will stay on for 30 seconds when using the Light toggle and can not be changed. The Floodlight Cam should be able to keep the lights on until turned off. If you have the Devices grouped together in a light group, that could explain why the lights on the Floodlight followed the other Camera when the lights turned off. If you do not have them grouped and the Floodlight lights are still toggling off on their own, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Justin,

My Floodlight Cam Wired Pro do the exact same thing… I don’t think this is a single user issue.

The only way to keep them on seems to be to create a schedule that keeps them on. Its a giant pain to disable and renable and it doesn’t seem to take effect immediately anyway. And since its a schedule, its stuck under 3-4 layers of options. For example a “dusk” to “dawn” schedule will only take effect if the state of the schedule is enabled at dusk…

Did you get any resolution or assistance with Ring Support?

I just experienced the same issue with my floodlight cam. I tried to get the light to stay on with the toggle, but no matter what I did, the light kept turning off by itself. I tried power cycling, but it still did not work.

Earlier this year, I was able to keep the floodlight cam light on manually all night long by using the toggle on the app. But it no longer works.

Not sure if it’s a coincidence, but I am having other light issues with the floodlight cam. When I change mode on the alarm, the light will turn on automatically, even in the broad daylight. And, no, I do not have any groups set up etc.

I am having the same issue. I replaced some floodlights that overlook my patio/pool and I used to be able to turn the old lights on via a manual switch on the wall. During a party last night, the Ring floodlights kept turning on and off incessantly, and it was quite annoying. I tried using the toggle button to turn them on, but they would only turn on for 1 minute and then go off again. I have found where I can set the length of time to 5 minutes max, but 5 minutes is entirely inadequate for a pool party that will be going on for hours. I don’t want to pull out my phone and play with it every 5 minutes while speaking to somebody. Nothing more inconsiderate than pulling out a phone and playing with it in the middle of speaking with somebody. I have no idea how it can be this difficult for Ring to add additional timer lengths on a light group that allow us to keep the lights on for hours. If somebody forgets to change the timer length back after the party, I am pretty sure they will realize it the next time the lights are triggered at night via motion. I am extremely unhappy about this issue because we have a decent amount of parties over the summer that go to 10:00 or later.

Hi neighbors. If your Floodlight Cam lights are not staying on when turning them on using the Light toggle in the Ring app and you do not have a Light Schedule in place that would interfere, reach out to our support team to further investigate.

@fabsroman. Can you share a screenshot of the settings you have found that have a maximum limit of 5 minutes to keep the lights on for your Floodlight Cam?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.