Manual reset required after losing wireless signsl

I’ve had to reset every device after losing wireless connectivity on my security system 3 times in the past year. The first time, a tech led me through it after he was unable to restore the system. This is a two hour process, resetting and/or adding every sensor, camera, keypad…. The last time, I was out of town for a month, so it had to wait. The frustration lies in the fact they could send me a base station pro to solve the problem, but they want to charge me $250! THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY WIRELESS/INTERNET. It’s in the design of the Ring system. Frustrating.

1 Like

I do have an extender, but the base is only 20 feet from the router, and I have excellent wireless signal in my entire house (Fiber optic cable internet). This happens (not every time) on the occasional event that my internet drops out/is interrupted due to an outage.

1 Like

HI @0c195126f93a2607e253e220635e19. Are you able to reposition the Base Station to move it closer to the router at all? If you have the ability to do so, it may also be worth it to use an ethernet cable for a wired connection as that is always more stable than wireless connection. If this concern persists, I would recommend following up with our support team so they can take a deeper look at this with you. Our support team can be reached at at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I did reach out. No help. The distance is not the issue. Same room. Excellent signal throughout the house.

1 Like

Same issue here. Same response here. Same frustration here.

Same problem as well. Will not reconnect to WiFi. Have strong signal, Eero 6 Pro mesh network and refuses to connect to my Wi-Fi with strong signal at location or even plugged into router with Ethernet cable.

Been like this for 6 months and Ring support has not helped and stopped replying when they could not solve it.

2 Likes

This is a problem for me too. Surprised and disappointed that they haven’t addressed it.

1 Like