Making the doorbell ring louder through Alexa Echo Dot

I’ve seen various posts on the internet but I still don’t seem to be able to solve this one… I have my Ring Doorbell Wired connected to my Alexa Echo Dots. However, when someone rings the doorbell the volume of the alert on the Echo Dot is not very loud - well in fact it simply comes out at whatever volume the Echo is set at the time. What I really want is for the doorbell alert to come out at maximum volume to ensure I actually hear it, and then the Echo Dot put back to whatever the volume was before. It seems such a simple notion but I am really struggling to make this work. Has anyone achieved this already and can help me?

Solved this by going into Alexa app, devices, ring camera, gearwheel icon and turn off ‘doorbell press notification’.

Next set up a custom routine that first sets the volume of your echo dot device to 10, then speaks or chimes whatever you want and finally lowers the volume to 3-5.

Works perfect for me.

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t understand the reply above… what to do if the Alexa echo dot doesn’t ring when someone activated the doorbell? Can anyone explain more clear and simpler than above please?
Thank you

Hi @user80522. The post is about increasing the volume of the notification sound it makes when the Doorbell is rang. It looks like your concern is that your Echo device is not making a notification sound at all when your Doorbell is rang, am I correct?