Loss of wifi connection

I have a Video Doorbell 3, a Spotlight Cam Wired (2nd Gen), and a Spotlight Cam (battery). They are used at a short term rental that is 300+ miles away from me. On a regular basis they lose connection to the Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz) and fail to reconnect. I was told by customer service that this is a known issue and they are working on it, but I do not know if that is true and what the status of the issue is. If I cannot get this resolved I will replace ALL Ring devices with competitor devices. I must have my devices connected to the Wi-Fi (and reconnect automatically when they lose connection - due to loss of connectivity OR power outage (in the case of the wired device). I cannot drive to the property each time to reset the devices. If this is not resolved then the devices are pretty much useless to us. Thanks so much!

Hi @troyohm. Ring devices will attempt to automatically reconnect to the wifi network after a temporary outage. If they are not able to reconnect, they would remain offline until you can manually troubleshoot the device. I’d recommend verifying the strength of the wifi signal to each Ring device to ensure they are able to reconnect after any temporary outages. You can learn how to check the signal strength here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.