Loss of connection to wifi

Hi one and all, all of a sudden my front doorbell camera alarm keeps dropping connection to the wifi, my router is very close to the front door, so im not sure why its doing it, the doorbell has a full charge, I go through the reset option but when i press the yellow button on the back, nothing happens, it only works if it has direct plug in power

Hi @Baz44896. Which model of Ring Doorbell do you have? The model name is located on the Device Health page in the Ring app. It sounds like you have a battery powered doorbell, which is powered off the battery. If you haven’t charged the battery in awhile, try fully charging it and then rebooting the doorbell in the Ring app.

Once the power concerns have been addressed, I’d recommend checking the wifi signal strength. A weak or unstable signal can cause the doorbell to disconnect from the wifi. We have more information here. In addition to the wifi signal, you will also need sufficient download and upload speeds on your network.

If you’ve checked all of the above and this issue persists, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.