Long term battery life and warranty

I’m just checking to see what the long-term expected battery life is for a hardwired doorbell. All of a sudden mine doesn’t seem to be charging anymore. I believe it is connected since it still operates the physical doorbell inside.

It is several years old, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was on its way out, but it seems rather sudden.

Also is it covered under the service plan warranty?

Hi @Skindred. We don’t have an expected range of how long a battery will last, given that the battery is affected by so many different variables. Have you noticed an increase in the amount of activity your Doorbell is receiving? This could contribute to the battery level draining more quickly and not being trickled charged quick enough.

We have some information on unexpected battery drain here. I’d also suggest performing a quick reboot on your Doorbell to ensure everything is performing optimally. If this continues to be a concern, it would be best to follow up with our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance. They can review the warranty on your device if needed as well.