Login in Android not working because of unsupported browser

Here: Android 13, Moto 54.

Standard login, 2-factor code.

All good with the credentials. . Ends up in a browser session. It then pops an “unsupported browser” message, asks to click on the […] menu upper right corner and “Open in app”. There is no such option. Neither in vanilla Chrome or in Firefox.

Anyone else has the same issue and/or a workaround?

Tried reinstall/cache clear, the works. It looks like they delegate to the Android’s browser for login purposes and then loose their way back into the app. Somehow.

3 Likes

I am dealing with the exact same thing. I had to delete my app due to storage issues and when i reinstalled i cannot get around this!!

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. I tried switching my default browser (and therefore the browser being used for the signin session) to Chrome, Firefox, and Brave. None of those worked and, as OP said, the “Open in app” option they direct you to does not exist.

2 Likes

Having the same issues. Just started today.

1 Like

I bought new phone today. Had same problem with new phone (Galaxy s24), Unsupported Browser. Worked fine on old phone (Galaxy S9). I went to Google Play and searched out the Ring app, and did an update on the app. Then it worked fine on the new phone. So, seems to be some kind of conflict between Ring and Chrome versions, so make sure both are up to date maybe.

1 Like

Same problem here. Just got off the phone with tech support and couldn’t fix the problem. Tried on WiFi / off wifi, tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. Even uninstalled all my updates for Google Chrome and reinstalling again. Nothing works…I can log in just fine on an actual web browser but not in the app which kind of makes ring useless…

1 Like

I am having the same issue here.

Same here. Just started today when i was strong up my new tablet. Can’t get in and my mobile phone can’t either.

Guess these are hitting the trash can and ill get the blink system through Google.

I was finally able to get my app to log in. I clicked the upper right menu and ran in browser. It will make you sign in that way. Once my login was authenticated my app worked.

This did not work for me. I received the same “browser not supported” error as before.

1 Like

Does support even read these forums? This is ridiculous.

Ok so I was having the same issue since yesterday on my new phone. I even downloaded Firefox (had Chrome before) and it still did not work. Just now, I uninstalled Firefox, Chrome and Ring. Restarted my phone. Installed Chrome then installed Ring. Opened the Ring app, it immediately asked me to “allow” notifications which I didn’t even receive this message before. I selected Allow and then proceeded to “sign-in.” It brought me out to Chrome to sign in and FINALLY it was successful and brought me back to the app. It was definitely a syncing issue between versions of Chrome and Ring. Good luck everyone!

Thanks! This worked for me. Looks like an earlier user was correct that it is some sort of conflict between browsers and the current Ring version. Hopefully support will see this and it can get patched out.

So, to reiterate:

1. Uninstall Chrome (I had to do this from play store)
  2. Uninstall Ring
  3. Restart phone
  4. Install/Update Chrome from play store
  5. Install Ring
  6. Open Ring and select “allow notifications” when it pops up.
  7. Sign-in as usual.
1 Like

Hi Neighbors. This error you are seeing is likely from a communication error with Ring and Google. To solve this, uninstall the Ring app, reboot your phone, then reinstall the Ring app. Also, be sure that your phones default browser is up to date. This should help! In any case, I’ve notified the team in charge of this and they’ll be sure to investigate it and implement a fix. Thanks, neighbors!

1 Like

My mom has the exact same problem. We have tried everything. Please find a fix!

Same issue here with Samsung Note 20, using Microsoft authenticator. Tried calling customer service and they pushed it up the ladder. Awaiting phone call now. This is very frustrating as I am just setting up Ring for the first time and can’t even use the app…

1 Like

Same problem. Just started today. Uninstalled, restarted phone, reinstalled app, same problem. Can’t get in Unsupported browser and no menu.
Google up to date on my Android.

Same problem here. Reinstalling chrome/ring didn’t help. I’m on a Motorola razr plus

1 Like

Hey Tom, none of the above suggestions have worked. Please advise next steps. It’s critical that I have my Ring camera working.

You don’t need to restart your phone or delete any apps

This is the solution that worked for me, using a Samsung phone

go to settings then apps, find and click on chrome, click disable

relaunch ring app, click login, it will open in a browser, then click on the 3 dots , open in samsung browser, login, when you get to the unsupported browser screen, click on the ring logo at the top right of your screen as shown

After your logged in, you can reenable chrome by going to settings, then apps, then chrome and clicking enable.

Ring support did not help me figure this out, after an hour of wasting my time over chat and on the phone they said it was my connection, which was not the case. Don’t waste your time calling or chatting with them over this issue.

1 Like