"Locations" not aligning to correct alarm base station, wrong base station armed/disarmed

I had something odd happen today. I figured I’d post it here in case someone else has experienced something similar. I have two base stations. From the Ring app on Android, you interact with the base station you want by using a “Locations” drop down selector at the top left of the screen just to the right of the hamburger icon.

I have two locations defined, each with its own base. They are my house and a remote shed on my property. Today I select the shed and the app said it was Disarmed, which didn’t seem correct to me since I knew it was armed. When I entered the shed, the alarm was in fact armed as I suspected, and I had to disarm it during the entry delay. When I left the shed, I used the app to arm it but when I did and the app said it was arming in Away mode nothing happened, so I armed it manually with the keypad. When I got back to my house it was armed (meaning the app had armed it), which it was not armed when I went down to the shed.

The bottom line of this story is the app was showing the information for a location, but had the incorrect location information/selection shown. When it was showing my “shed,” it actually represented the alarm state of my house. This is quite disconcerting.

I am posting this here to see if anyone has experienced something similar as maybe there is a bug in the app that Ring should be aware of?

Hi @dabnc. For your concern, try the following steps:

• Verify your Ring app and phone are up-to-date with the latest updates.
  • Disable any active VPNs on your phone.

If you have done these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.