Location is incorrect

The locations that come up when I put in the address are a couple of miles off. Is there a way to correct this?

Hi @Johsens. Would this happen to be a new home? Sometimes, it can take a while for the map to update to the USPS system. If that is the case, you can contact to USPS about getting your address updated so the Ring app will recognize your address. I hope this helps!

This is not a new home. Far from it. The address has been in use for decades. The USPS recognied the address, as does Google and other mapping services. There is a second address that is not recognized by the USPS which is the CA. address that I had set up initially. I have changed it to the CA which is the one that the USPS recognizes.

I just went to the Ring app to try and get a screen shot of the incorrect map location but can’t seem to get the map to apear. I have attached a screen shot of the correct location and address.

Hi @Johsens. For this concern, it would be best to contact our support team. With this being a public forum, it would be best to not discuss your homes location and address. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I spoke with your support team on thephone and was escalated to a supervisor but they were not able to help with my issue.