Live view

When I tap live view it says “activating” and the blue circle just spins till it tells me to retry. What am I doing wrong. Just got it in and set up today. 6/5/2020

Hey @Rachelle. When you first set up the device, you may need to give the device a few minutes to finish updating the firmware on the device before allowing the Live View to connect. Are you still having this concern today? What is the RSSI for your device? You can learn more about RSSI in our Community post here.

My rrsi is 52. It’s dark when I click live view and blue circle spins and then says to reconnect. But if I go to my event history, sometimes itll show up. But I’m not getting video on anything. Kinda pointless having this item

@Rachelle Thanks for getting back to me and confirming that information! Since it is very hit or miss, could you reach out to our support team for them to take a look into this? For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.