Live view

Whenever I try to access live view in the app.it says recording subscription inactive. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thank you.

Hi @SCM ! Are you currently subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan? Without a plan, you will not be able to download, access, share any past events. Let me know if you are an active subscriber and we can go from there :slight_smile:

Hey Jennifer,

No I currently don’t have a subscription plan. I don’t need to share and save anything. I just want to have access to the live view when I click on it.

Hey @SCM, chiming in for Jennifer! If you get a push notification that there is motion at your door or that someone has rung your Doorbell, you need to answer that notification within about 30 seconds, as that is how long a battery device will record for. Without a subscription plan, if you are not answering this notification right away, the Doorbell will stop recording, and then needs to store the video. If you do not have a plan, then it cannot store the video for you to view when you get to the push notification, therefore giving you this message.

If you answer the notification right away, you should be able to see who is there. Otherwise, you should be able to view your Live View at anytime by clicking on the preview from the Dashboard or selecting Live View from the Device Profile. Hope this helps clear it up for you! :slight_smile: