Live view won't load

I am here seeking help because I’ve literally tried every possible solution I can think of and nothing is working.

I have 2 spotlight battery cams and 1 doorbell pro. One of spotlight is at the backdoor and the other one is up by the garage and the doorbell is by the front door (obviously). The backdoor and doorbell works flawlessly. The spotlight cam at the garage though consistently has connectivity issue where it doesn’t load the live view. I swapped out the ISP router/modem combo and got a mesh google system which helped for a few weeks but eventually that was short lived. Next, I moved one of the Google mesh point into the garage. It’s literally within 5 feet of the camera and the RSSI is at -36. I tested my internet speed at the location of the garage cam and it pulls 250 Mbps download speed and approximately 30 Mbps upload speed. I tried a hard reset (holding down the top button for 20 seconds), I’ve also removed the camera from my account and reinstalled it, and lastly I deleted and reinstall the apps (rapid ring and ring app). I did all these troubleshooting multiple times and the only time it seem to work if I move the camera inside my garage. But that really defeats the purpose of a security camera that I want to use outside. It’s weird because the doorbell pro works great and it’s about equal distance to the main router. Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

1 Like

Excellent work covering all these steps, @Mrbanhbao! You’ve done a great deal of network troubleshooting, and have ruled out many variables. As you mentioned your other Ring devices working as intended, and this one working while in the garage, this rules out most mobile device factors. As does your reinstall and Rapid Ring test.

There is some indication that something between the access point and the Camera could be preventing connection, but having the access point in the garage should ensure against that, as long as no metal objects are appliances are blocking it’s direct signal path. As a test, trying out the other Spotlight Camera in the same location as the Garage Camera in question, can confirm if the same concern persists on both in that location.Understanding that this might be a process, depending on mounting, it is entirely optional.

With all the troubleshooting you’ve covered, that would be my only further suggestion at narrowing down the cause for this concern, however, more advanced solutions can be found with our support team. They’ll be happy to take a closer look for you! :slight_smile:

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I can’t get “Live View” on my Stick Up Cam either.

Hi, I took your advice and tried a different spotlight camera and it’s still having the same issue. What I noticed though is when I’m away from home, my live view and snapshot works very well but when I am at home, it doesn’t seem to work at all for that specific camera. I have tried calling customer support and we did all the proper troubleshooting and nothing is helping. They recommended me calling my ISP to resolve the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.