Live View turns off after 1 minute

I have a Ring Doorbell Pro (hard wired). When I enable Live View in the Ring App, it only stays active for 1 minute. I can re-enable it, but again, it shuts off after 1 minute. All other alerts and notifications work fine.

Also, I have a 2nd Ring Doorbell connected to the app and the Live View works as expected. It is the Ring Doorbell 2 (battery powered).

I am using an Android phone. App and OS are all up to date.

UPDATE - I removed and re-added the Ring Doorbell into the App. It is working normally now.

1 Like

Hi @chooks1234! Thank you for sharing your experience in detail. It is certainly odd to hear the Doorbell Pro live view ending early, while the Doorbell 2 does not. This should not be network related as the Doorbell 2 is working fine on the same network, but it is always worth checking wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. I recommend also ensuring the Doorbell Pro is connected to the 2.4 Ghz frequency, rather than the 5 Ghz.

If possible, try testing live view on another mobile device entirely to see if this concern persists. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: