Live View Problem

Hello,

I have problem with ring video doorbell when I try to open live view I get either streamin error or it just got stuck on activating device phase. I tested wifi and it is about 100mbps. I am using latest version on both device and my iphone. I tried nearly every way mentioned on this forum but nothing helped. Can anyone have any idea?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @mkarek. We have a great Community post about Live View and some tips and tricks to get your Live View working correctly. I would also look over this post about RSSI and how it correlates to your Ring Doorbell. I would make the recommended adjustments to see if that helps!

Do you have a range extender ?
Would it be terribly difficult for you to bring the doorbell into the house to see if it behaves differently ?
Consider assigning static ip addresses to whatever device is running your ring applications and the doorbell itself.
Have you installed the rapid ring app ?
From the device you are running your ring apps (assuming it is the same network as the doorbell) - visit the website (fast.com). Post the values for your latency.

My live view ring doorbell is not working too…and I am sure my wifi is working because my other ring devices works fine…I believe there must be a issue with your app, because this only happens these two months, it was find previously, can you please fix the issue? Thanks

I have been having same issues… many complaints about the app in google play store… seems like not much is being done to rectify issues

This is suddenly happening to me as well. Cannot activate live view via the app on two diffeent doorbells. Worked fine for over a year a now all of a sudden. This is unacceptable, this needs to be fixed immediately. Why isn’t anything being done?

i have had Ring door bell for 2 years - No problems. In the last few weeks, Live View is not working on Android phone or tablet or Windows 10 laptop. Live View works fine on the Echo Show, however! So the problem is not with wi-fi connections, signal strengths, battery power (as unit is hard-wired). It would appear to be some kludge in a recent Ring software update. I speak as someone who has been working with computers since the late 1960s, so I think I recognise a kludge. PLEASE get it sorted!!

Hey neighbors. In addition to the steps mentioned above, there are a few other things you can try. First, try to reboot your internet router to see if that will improve the communication to your Doorbell. You can do this by unplugging your router for 3-5 minutes, then plug it back in. It can take up to 10 minutes for your wifi to restore.

Next, make sure that the OS on your phone is up to date, as well as your Ring App. You can also try the Rapid Ring app to see if this improves your Live View experience. Try testing with wifi only and on cellular data, to see if one works better than the other.

If you’ve tried these steps and your Live View concerns have not been corrected, it would be best to contact our support team to get this resolved. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.