Live View only works on wifi

The live view is really hit and miss. It works fine when my phone is connected to the house WiFi. But it will not work if my phone is on its mobile network. I’m just faced with ‘activating device’ for an age then that the live was ended.
Is there anyway to fix this? Because it seems pointless having a security camera that only works when you’re at home

1 Like

Hi there, @EmaSullivan! With your Ring devices working as intended while the mobile device is connected to wifi, this is a great sign that your Ring devices and Ring app are communicating properly. I recommend giving our Rapid Ring app a try, as this app is designed to be less robust and allow for quicker access to live view. If this still does not work, please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device.

Depending on mobile device type, there may be cellular data related settings that are worth exploring to note if any unique features are active. When trying live view on cellular data, double check cell tower signal strength just to ensure it is optimal. I recommend also checking with your cellular data provider to ensure they allow streaming on data. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I’m having the trouble now too on my phone. I updated it to android 11 yesterday. Now it just says activating device unless i turn on my Wi-Fi