Live view only works after ringing doorbell

Our Ring is hardwired and many times trying to use live view, it says activating device, then stops, and a button saying “reconnect” pops up, but it doesn’t work. Only after physically ringing the doorbell, does it work again. This obviously negates the purpose of having the Ring at all. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any idea how to resolve it?

1 Like

I have it with Doorbell 3, really annoying. Maybe they’ll fix it in the update.

Same issue with mine as well. WiFi signal shows good, wired power, tried resting the ring, reconnecting it to my network, deleting the app restarting my phone and then reinstalling it, no luck. It’s odd that I can go back and view all the video footage without any issue but just can’t get live view to activate.

Hi Neighbors. We have a great Community write up here on common issues with Live View. Please, look that over and see if that can provide a solution to the issues you may be having. If you’ve tried these to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.