Live View not working

It is weird. With subscription I am able to see live view even though my RSSI is -78!!! without subscription it is completely unable to see live view!!! Does it mean I have to subscribe so I do not have problems with live view? Thank you.

Hi @angela47. An RSSI of -78 is not very good. With this connection strength that low, it is expected to have an intermittent Live View. I would suggest making sure your router is out in the open to minimize wifi interference. You may need a wifi extender such as the Chime Pro to help achieve a better signal. I hope this information helps.

For me it was ad blocker vpn.
It used to work before but stopped working recently. So disable the vpn and should work on iphone.

1 Like

My Live View never worked either, very frustrating. I checked the device and the Signal Strength shows RSSI -51 in green, so I believe it’s a good sign. Tried with the Rapid Ring app and it worked, so it’s clearly an app issue.

1 Like

My Live View is not working lately. It only happens to the Ring app. It is working on Alexa app.

February 9th, 2022 - just in case it didn’t post the date. I am reading this message from over a year ago and glad I did. I have four cameras and a doorbell and three of the cameras worked as did the doorbell however the fourth camera live view only worked on my computer, not my phone. I just toggled the very first button “Motion Detection” to off and immediately live view started working on my phone. I tested it by toggling it back on and live view still works. Not sure what the issue was but a problem that has been bothering me for over a month was fixed with a quick toggle off then back on. Thank you Chop2358 - or others if you were not the first to solve it - just the first response I read that fixed it.

hey everyone. i’ve also been dealing with this live issue for the past several weeks. once i turned off local storage on my ring alarm pro, live view started working. just wanted to post in case others had the same problem.