Live view issues

Live view works on plug in cam on iPhone but not on laptop.
Live view works on battery cam on laptop but not on iPhone .
Any ideas ?

Hey @Akw5457! It sounds like an intermittent video connection concern in which wifi signal strength or your Ring device’s RSSI will confirm if there is any interference with. Check out our Community post about optimizing RSSI.

Once this is confirmed, please also ensure that there is no VPN enabled on either the mobile device or PC. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks but, if this works, then I’m exposing my system by not having the VPN switched on?

I treid diconnecting the VPN, but it made no difference. In any case, the system works for the Battery Cam on my laptop with the VPN on, so I doubt this has anything to do with the VPN.

The puzzle is why the reverse is the case on my iPhone.

PS RSSI are the same on both cameras.

Thank you for performing those troubleshooting steps @Akw5457! After checking those connection variables, if live view is still intermittently connecting, or connecting better on one device versus another, I recommend removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device.

If this concern persists, please reach out to our support team, by phone, for more in-depth troubleshooting.