Live view is not working on all cameras; everthing else is working

I have one Ring Doorbell Pro and two Indoor Cameras. Since a few weeks, the Live View on all three ring cameras stopped working. I cannot figure out why, because absolutely nothing has changed. The alerts and recordings are still working, Snaps are updated every 30 seconds, however, Live View does not work on all the cameras. I have looked online for all sorts of solutions and specifically checked the following. The problem still persists. Can someone help me solve this?

I have already tried:

1. Switching networks from 2.4 Ghz to 5.0 Ghz and vice versa
  2. Rebooting router
  3. Tested internet speeds
  4. Have ensured that no VPNs are running
  5. Reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds
  6. Removed the device and then re-setting the device up
  7. Testing Live View with device next to the router. RSSI is in -40s
  8. Devices are all wired and voltage is good
  9. Removed the app, rebooted phone, reinstalled the Ring app
  10. Tried on Rapid Ring and through the browser. Same issue
  11. Tested on Wifi at two different locations and also through mobile data
  12. App/OS software is updated to latest versions

Edit: Level 2 support tried but couldn’t offer a solution.

@Marley_Ring Hi - Can you please offer a solution?

Hi @Riz798. My best suggestion would be to connect one of your devices to a WiFi hotspot. Once connected, attempt a Live View. If your Live View works while connected to a WiFi hotspot, that means there needs to be some adjustments made to your home network. It’s possible that there was an update done to your router or that your ISP changed the security protocols, and this is preventing the Live View to complete. Let me know how this test works out for you.

1 Like

I have tried connecting one of the cameras to another wifi as well as a wifi hotspot (as recommended), the Live View still does not come on. I am inclined to think after doing all sorts of troubleshooting that the problem is either with Ring servers or the Ring devices.

Its unfortunate that this issue has cropped up suddenly after 10 months of perfect use and has effected all the cameras.

The ISP has also confirmed that they only block certain incoming ports (specifically Http: 80, SSH: 22, Telnet:23, SMTP:25)

Hi @Riz798, happy to chime in here for Tom. Ring devices connect over the following ports:

• HTTP (port 80) (Note: Not applicable to Ring Alarm Base Station)
  • HTTPS (port 443)
  • DNS (port 53)
  • NTP (port 123)
  • TCP (port 8557)

I’d recommend having your ISP stop blocking HTTP port 80, as this may be what is causing the Live View to not work. You can read more about the ports and protocols used by Ring devices in our Help Center article here as well.

1 Like

I have opened Http: 80 but that has had no effect on the live view.

@Riz798 I’d suggest following up with our support team at one of the numbers available here and requesting to work with the advanced technical support team, as you’ve run through all of the basic troubleshooting steps to no avail. This concern may require a much deeper dive and more in-depth troubleshooting than we can provide here on the Community. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I did and level 2 support finally said the region I live in is not supported by ring and since they cannot figure out the problem there’s not much more support they can offer. It is disappointing since I have set up surveillance using Ring systems and all of a sudden all devices have stopped showing Live View.

I expected better support from the brand.

I expected them to tell me clearly that the issue is because I am using it in a region which is not supported. It was, after all, working perfectly for the past 10 months.

If it is due to the region, I can salvage my situation, sell off the products and come off the plan. I will be doing that anyway now, I guess.

@Riz798 Different countries have different regulations and rules in place regarding home security devices, so if you’re using a Ring device meant for one region in a different region, we’re not able to guarantee that it will always work as intended since it was not designed for that region. I’m glad our support team was able to provide this answer to you as well.