Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M

MGBCAB

Accepted Solution
Live View is Freezing Up
android
troubleshooting
We have 2 Android phones, Samsung S20 and Note 10, all of a sudden both are experiencing the same Live screen freezing across all cameras, on wifi as well as on cellular. All other Ring functions are working fine, recordings, etc. But every time I go to Live view the screen freezes. You can hear audio streaming through ok, but the picture is frozen. Live view had been working fine as of 2 days ago and I haven't done anything different. I have restarted the phones, rebooted the router, verified good Wi-Fi signal, uninstalled then reinstalled the installed the Ring app, but none of this has fixed. And another strange thing occurred.. when trying live view from my car, the app was attempting to place a phone call through it via Bluetooth! This happened on mine as well as my wife's car. Live view works fine from a web browser but not from the app, so I suspect there's a glitch in it. Tech support tried to help but didn't have a solution. Anyone else having this issue? It's kind of useless without live view working correctly.

14-10-2021 02:31:06

Responses (47)

M
Accepted Solution

Live view concerns are often related to wifi or mobile device connection variables. Check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app to ensure for optimal wifi signal. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device.

As suggested by other neighbors above, it's always a good step to test wifi connection versus cell data connection on your mobile device. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance.

03-12-2021 02:54:17

C
RSSI at -53 and installed Rapid Ring. Standup Stick Cam continues to freeze live video AND audio. Wifi Connectivity very strong for all devices in and outside of home. It's only the one Cam that has trouble connecting to wifi and playing live video. And please note, issues are recent. Approximately as of early December, 2021. With an inoperable Cam, was "forced" to end my subscription.

01-01-2022 11:28:44

Z
I am having this same issue, when are you going to release a fix for this issue? Currently considering going with a different company and getting refunds for my Ring products as they are now unusable thanks to this unpatched bug.

25-01-2022 09:15:52

B
I’ve got a door view camera (peephole camera) and got the Ring app on my iPhone. The videos I get do the same,freeze,and I’ve been told it’s my phone 🤔

14-10-2021 09:19:09

B
All my cameras are doing the same thing. Its obviously an issue with ring and not our phones, it does it on my fiances phone too when she tries to go live, it works for like 10 seconds then freezes, while audio still continues

15-10-2021 07:55:03

My cams started freezing recently, It looks like ring have done an update again without testing the consequences

15-10-2021 08:19:18

T
Yep, same thing on my S21. Elaine with customer service very condescendingly walked me through all the steps that I had already done then told me it's an issue with Verizon and I would have to contact them. I told her I needed to talk to her supervisor and she hung up on me. Of course Verizon tells me they can't help me with Rings app...I'm not upset with them though...cause...no shit. Boit to throw all their equipment in the trash. Of course they don't care, they already made thier money, no need to stand by thier product.

16-10-2021 01:59:39

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User