Live View - Google Chrome - NOT WORKING

Hello,

The windows app was useless, but now they’re removing it soon anyway. The work around to view this on PC is to go to ring.com and sign in to see live view and history of videos. WELL…i can view any event, that’s great, HOWEVER I CANNOT view any live views, it just won’t stream. BUT…if I go to history, the live view i attempted, WAS RECORDED!?? What’s up with that?? I like being able to bring this up on my pc when I’m in my office at home. Thanks!

Hi @chrisxpierce. We have this Help Center article here to help with some Live View concerns. If you continue to have issues with Live View on Ring.com, I suggest reaching out to our support team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m having the same issue, were you able to resolve the problem and get it to work?

Seeing as Ring support isn’t helping to answer this specific issue:

The link below fixed this for me.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this here! It worked right away. What an easy fix!

1 Like

Awesome thanks so much for this it was really frustrating me! Very helpful!

This is happening to me right now. I get a notification saying “Live view disabled. This browser does not support the newest video codec”. It is only on one camera and it was just working yesterday. Turning on the microphone doesn’t work on the desktop. Any suggestions?

Hi @user34521. For your concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Video playback issues while using the desktop Ring app via browser (Firefox and Chrome) can be fixed by updating FOR FREE to Windows 11.

Navigate to: START > SETTINGS > UPDATE & SECURITY.

If you see “This PC doesn’t currently meet the system requirements to run Windows 11”, this is why your videos aren’t working.

In UPDATE & SECURITY you will be shown a link to download " Windows PC Health Check", download it and use it. You will need to create a windows account and then log into your windows account. If you already have an account it will be that much easier. From start to finish there are instructions. For every step you take, there is another set of instructions to follow until you see “This PC meets Windows 11 requirements”. That message will be shown in PC Healthcheck after you follow the instructions but not on your update & security tab. It took me all of 20 minutes to complete the steps.

Before you make any changes to your desktop/computer, make sure you save the information to your phone (screenshot is good too) or write them down so you’ll have something to refer to when you are editing your BIOS settings. Take your time and don’t click save on any bios changes until you are positive you’ve done it right. If you are using an intel based computer, your advanced search term is Intel PTT. If you are on an AMD your search term is AMD PTT.

1. Enable Secure Boot
  2. Enable TPM

Important, PC Health Check will confirm that not only have you updated to the new security settings but also that you qualify for the free update. Your Windows update (in settings) page may still show the red X. Ignore it, it’s because you haven’t been sent the Windows Updates to lead you there yet. The end result is that you will be getting the update for Windows 11 once you go through the steps, usually within 24 hours.

More info: No Reason to Wait: How to Upgrade to Windows 11 for Free | PCMag

Ring browser app is working on both Firefox and Chrome with the Windows 11 updates. It takes 2 sets of updates before it starts working correctly.