Live View audio missing only on android application

Hi, I can’t hear the audio from the live view of my android application on my Samsung A34.
The audio works perfectly fine in my web browser or in Echo Show with Alexa.
Anyone else experienced this?

Hi @Jean21. First, ensure your Ring app is fully updated to the latest version available. When activating the Live View, make sure to press the speaker icon to activate the two-way audio. The volume on your phone must also be turned up adequately. If you have a do not disturb or silence mode on your phone, check that it is not turned on, as that may silence the audio as well

If this issue persists after reviewing the information above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi Caitlyn.
I tried your solution and did not work, I also contacted customer service, did tests with another phone, and the result is that I realized that Ring’s android app has a bug that has been reported for some time, even here in the ring community, and that Ring doesn’t seem to care about the problem. The desktop version and the IOS version work just fine.

So many people with android have already returned the product, if the situation does not change I think I’ll do the same.

@Jean21 Unfortunately we are limited on the scope of support we can provide here on the Community, as it is a public forum intended for general troubleshooting assistance. You’re welcome to reach out to our social support team on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message. If you have a video example of the Live View audio not working despite having the volume turned up, that would be helpful to share with our social support team as well.

1 Like