Live View: Activating Device

There are plenty of existing posts about this, but no real answers. I’ve had Ring for months, but this problem has been here the entire time.

My signal strength is RSSI-46. My device is connected (2.4GHz) to a mesh router endpoint very close to the door. I’ve done everything right.

Live View only works maybe 10% of the time. None of the questionable workarounds I’ve read on here actually do anything. If I try to load Live View, it just gets tuck on Activating Device, fails, and the process repeats.

This is unacceptable, and clearly an issue on Ring’s part. I live in the city, get fast speeds, have a mesh router system, allow my Ring to connect to the 2.4GHz band, keep my router endpoint close to the device, etc. No excuses.

What is going on here?

Hi
I am having the same issues, and pressing either the ‘Live’ or ‘tap go to live’ results in nothing. This is not good as we need this to watch our cars and back gate. The system has been up 4 days and we have had this occur about 75% of the time.
I have disconnected camera and reinstalled a few times but nothing seems to work. The wifi signal is strong.
Please can you help.

Hi neighbors. Please check out our Community post here for more information on how to address this concern with your Live View not activating. If you continue to have concerns after troubleshooting this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.