Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
S
Live not working since free trial
live-view
troubleshooting
My free trial ended yesterday. I have deleted and reinstalled my Ring app AND reset my router multiple times and nothing has worked. My Live Camera works once after each time but then I get a movement notification and the free trial has ended script pops up and no longer works.

17-11-2020 05:14:15

Responses (20)

M
Hi @SME1! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our [Community post about RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/How-it-Works-Your-Ring-Device-RSSI-Good-vs-Poor/ba-p/751) for tips on optimizing this signal strength. As you've already removed and reinstalled the Ring app, try the Rapid Ring app as a test. The Rapid Ring app is designed to deliver the quickest live view experience. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. I hope this helps! :)

18-11-2020 06:48:38

M
This is the exact same scenario I’m experiencing. However, it only started after yesterday’s trial expiration. Before that, it never ever happened! If there’s no answer with a real solution for this, I’m returning this expensive brick back to the store. I mean, I can’t even see any live events happening at my door unless paying a fee? C’mon Ring! We think you can do better. And please, saying it’s a wifi issue is the poorest of excuses, since the ring-bell the only wifi device connected to the router.

07-01-2021 01:03:38

D
This is happening to me now. I never had connection issues before the free trial ended. Now, every time I get a motion notification and try to check my live feed, I get a communication error. I have reset the app several times. Also my WIFI router is only about 6-8 feet away from the Ring, in the living room of my house. I am not sure why I keep getting this error. On the homepage I see a picture of my front yard so its active but not showing me the live feed. I also checked the RSSI it's at 58 - which is considered sufficient as per the article. Please help.

29-01-2021 06:37:13

J
Try turning off Advanced Motion Detection, then trying live view again

29-01-2021 06:42:16

T
Same here. very next day the trial expired the RIng Live View all of a sudden has trouble connecting on my wifi given that my wifi is 2.5Ghz over a FTTH connection. Never had an issue during the trial plan period. Thinking about report this to the ACCC.

30-01-2021 11:21:53

C
Thats how they get you, apparently.... as stated earlier its just an expensive brick without a subscription.

09-02-2021 11:26:53

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User