Live not working since free trial

My free trial ended yesterday. I have deleted and reinstalled my Ring app AND reset my router multiple times and nothing has worked. My Live Camera works once after each time but then I get a movement notification and the free trial has ended script pops up and no longer works.

Hi @SME1! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As you’ve already removed and reinstalled the Ring app, try the Rapid Ring app as a test. The Rapid Ring app is designed to deliver the quickest live view experience. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This is the exact same scenario I’m experiencing. However, it only started after yesterday’s trial expiration. Before that, it never ever happened!

If there’s no answer with a real solution for this, I’m returning this expensive brick back to the store. I mean, I can’t even see any live events happening at my door unless paying a fee? C’mon Ring! We think you can do better.

And please, saying it’s a wifi issue is the poorest of excuses, since the ring-bell the only wifi device connected to the router.

1 Like

This is happening to me now. I never had connection issues before the free trial ended. Now, every time I get a motion notification and try to check my live feed, I get a communication error. I have reset the app several times. Also my WIFI router is only about 6-8 feet away from the Ring, in the living room of my house. I am not sure why I keep getting this error. On the homepage I see a picture of my front yard so its active but not showing me the live feed.

I also checked the RSSI it’s at 58 - which is considered sufficient as per the article.

Please help.

1 Like

Try turning off Advanced Motion Detection, then trying live view again

Same here. very next day the trial expired the RIng Live View all of a sudden has trouble connecting on my wifi given that my wifi is 2.5Ghz over a FTTH connection. Never had an issue during the trial plan period. Thinking about report this to the ACCC.

1 Like

Thats how they get you, apparently… as stated earlier its just an expensive brick without a subscription.

Sorry to hear about this concern persisting, neighbors. When it comes to video connection, it is important to consider wifi and mobile connection variables. Narrowing this down can be quick and easy with just a few steps. Give our Rapid Ring app a try, if you are not already using it, as it is designed for the quickest access to live view, which is most important when not you are subscribed to a Protect Plan subscription. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled. As it looks like most of you have covered the network troubleshooting steps, your device health RSSI should be sufficient as reflected in this Community post.

In addition to the above, and as I’m seeing many neighbors mention motion event concerns, try disabling Advanced Motion Detection settings such People Only Mode, or even setting your settings. If live view works with the most default settings, feel free to enable your desired settings and ensure the Ring app is performing as intended with each, on your mobile device. Pease let us know if this helps. :slight_smile:

My Ring ViewCam free trial ended yesterday, and live view cam stopped working from today. Everytime i get a motion alert, it will stay frozen at “activating device” screen.
Maybe after 10 minute and 10 tries, it will start working again only to stop working 10 minutes later.

previously I had another one from Amazon which had the same issue the day after the free one month trial ended. After doing everything, i ended up contacting Amazon and they sent me this new one.
Was really hoping that I wont have the same issue today, but lo and behold same issue from today. tried everything - nothing works. Spoke to 3 different ring support advisors, installed rapid ring still no luck. It ends up working during the 30 minutes call after trying 10-15 times. then 10 minutes later its not working again.
another advisor suggested disabling modes, did that still no luck. turned off router and turned on again. Nothing works. I was then told to speak to the higher support team later as they were busy at the time of my call with the 3rd agent.
I was told repeatedly that subscription shouldn’t impact live view cam.
But given the fact that for both the two view cam devices worked perfectly during the trial subscription period and both stopped working completely the day after, i can only assume it is the reason. Please look into this as this is completely useless now.
I will try the high support team but not holding my breath.
Please look into this.

Same happened to me and many others. Disabling the ‘advanced motion detection’ settings completely made live view work again for me. Don’t hold your breath too long, Ring have been ignoring this issue for quite a while.

Thanks for your reply J1mmy. I tried disabling the advanced motion completely - but still no luck. Good to know that yours started working.
Ring should really be ashamed of this if they have continued to ignore this deliberately in the hope that people sign up to their subscription service. I was considering getting the subscription anyway but I will definitely not be getting it now!

Sorry to hear about these concerns persisting, neighbors! If you’ve tried the steps in my previous response above to no avail, the best next step will be to reach out to our support team. This will help with a more in-depth look at possible solutions for you, as well as notate your concerns more in detail for our teams here. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Same exact issue here. Live view stopped working and it seems like my motion zones also stopped working as I now get notifications every time a car drives by. Everything worked just fine during the trial period. Feels like a bait and switch to me.

I have been getting a recent problem where the live view stream would error all time just after I had motion alert and after a frequent recording setup. I have a very strong wifi RSSI signal and still was causing the stream error.

Preconditions
-50-61 RSSI
-v3 doorbell
-motion sensitivity lowest to mid
-no subscription

here are the steps:
Open the ring app
Click the settings for the ring doorbell v3
navigate to motion settings
set the motion sensitivity to the lowest
Click on the ‘edit motion zones’ to create zones
create a single zone as default and just select half of the screen from bottom to the middle of the screen and save
receive the first notification and click to live view - you may have to try a few times
stream error would occur - you may have to try a few times as the issue is on and off… sometimes it would work as the video will display

To fix this erroring temporarily, I had to remove my motion zones and I have no streaming errors.

Please fix this issue and for any feedback please report back to me.

Thanks,
Amol

Same issue here. All was fine until the trial ended. Now I get constant motion detection notifications when there’s nothing there and can’t get the live to work. Trying to return it to Amazon and will look at alternatives.

1 Like

I had the same issue the second my free trial ran out. Removed advanced motion zone and still did not work. I subscribed to the basic package and instantaneously, the live view is working again. Very very…very shady.

Same issue here. Live view stopped working after trial. Everything worked perfectly during the trial period. I tried turning off advanced motion setting suggested by J1mmy and Live started working again. Turned advanced motion back on and still working for now.

1 Like

Same. Ring connected perfectly when on Free Trial. Literally the day it expired and thereafter it connects maybe half the time and phantom notifications of motion at front door. Disappointed.
I have Wyze cameras that connect and work correctly 100% of time.

Exactly the same for me too. Live view doesn’t work anymore after the trial ended even though it says it’s online and there are events. I can sound the siren and everything and my internet is ace, just not view live. Tried everything including that rapid ring thing. Just says streaming error. Gutted.

There was a problem yesterday according to their site but they said they fixed it. Obviously not, or they just want us to subscribe.

Mine is the indoor cam though.

i had this problem on Friday, ring acknowledged there was a live view problem, fixed it but the same problem hit one of my stick up cams this evening