Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
Live Audio with Audio Recording disabled?
hardwired-video-doorbell
app-request
I just migrated from Nest Hello to Ring Video Doorbell Pro and I'm finding when I disable audio recording, I can no longer hear audio LIVE. It makes the doorbell basically useless -- someone rings my bell and I can't hear them live. The Nest Hello had no problem doing this without audio recording... is there a reason this is not available on Ring? Should I go back to Google?

25-09-2023 07:32:51

Responses (2)

J
Hi @Jason44. As of now, this is how it works: if you toggle off "Audio Streaming and Recording", you will not hear audio at the Doorbell. We have no information on whether this will be changed in the future. As we value our neighbors' feedback, we've created a [Feature Request board](https://community.ring.com/c/products/24). Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

26-09-2023 06:08:21

J
Hi Justin, Well thanks for confirming that Ring does not allow you to live stream audio without the privacy-invasive option of recording all audio. I'm pretty disappointed, and although you suggest to add it to the "Feature Request board", it seems this option has been requested for several years (when I search for this issue), and Ring obviously has no interest in changing anything. Instead of compromising my family's privacy, I will return my Ring doorbell before the return period closes and go back to Google. I hope they change it in the future, because clearly it would be a simple software adjustment that they are refusing to do. Bye, Ring!

26-09-2023 07:04:04

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

26-10-2023 07:04:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User