I’m having an issue with the Ring app using the “in-call” speaker instead of the Speakerphone when I connect to Live view or answer a doorbell ring. Meaning, I need to hold the phone up to my head to hear the person speaking and my voice is transmitted to the outdoor via the in-call mic.
I’m using a Samsung Galaxy S10+. The sound quality of my voice to the doorbell is pretty bad and I can’t really hear the person either. When compared with my wife’s iPhone that properly uses the speakerphone, it’s night and day.
I understand that this is a known issue but this can’t be that Samsung phones are simply “the problem”.
- uninstalling / reinstalling the Ring app
- turning off Event History Timeline (as some suggested).
- Reviewed the list of apps that “conflict with ring” (I had none).
- Removed “Tyua Smart” app on my phone
- Video Camera software that has had similar problems.
- Tried using Bluetooth (still used in-call mic)
- Tried using Wired Headset
- It works as expected.
- I hear thru earphone and mic works
- Need volume to be at 100% to hear the person talking
- And yeah, not gonna do this
- Changing other various settings.
So far, my phone will only use “in-call” mic when connecting in Live View without a wired headset. When I view prior recordings, everything works through speakerphone as expected.
Is every newer Samsung phone (9 and above) experiencing this? Or am I one of a select few?