Linking Video Doorbell 3 to Security Floodlight

I have problem linking my ring doorbell 3 to one of my security floodlight lights.

I attempted to have my security floodlight starts recording when video doorbell 3 detects motion. Keeps failing after several attempts.

Can anyone help please? Its so frustrating Ring doesn’t seem to have an official technical support.

Please see attached.

Appreciate your help. Thanks

Gilbert

Hey @gilgil. Do you have a VPN enabled when trying to make this change? I see that there were two network strengths, so I just ask in case this is the situation, as the Ring app does restrict its usage when there is VPN enabled. Try turning this off and trying the setting again if this happens! If you’re still having this concern, please try removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling the app. Let me know if this works at all. :slight_smile:

For immediate assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.