Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
U
Linking more than 2 cameras to alarm
device-settings
troubleshooting
I want all seven of my cameras to record when the alarm is triggered. When I link the second of the cameras I get an alert saying "linking more than 2 cameras may cause the cameras not to record, depending on Ring settings and my wi-fi, internet, etc". I have a very fast Eero mesh system with high bandwidth for my home wi-fi and internet connection. Has anyone linked more than 2 cameras and had problems with them not recording correctly?

17-02-2023 07:45:18

Responses (1)

J
Hi @user32954. This alert is just a warning in case some neighbors who link more than two Cameras to their Alarm do not have enough bandwidth to handle this type of setup. If you are running a mesh system with high bandwidth and speed, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Also, the alert does not state Ring settings; it states Ring setup, which means if any of your Cameras have a poor [RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229), this will affect how it works when linked.

17-02-2023 06:03:01

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User