Lights will not stay off or randomly comes on

Hello -

I am having issues where the lights will not turn off on a spotlight cam and lights coming on randomly on the floodlight.

The spotlight cam will turn on the lights by itself and when you turn the lights off via the app, the lights will come back on automatically with 30-60 seconds.

The floodlight cam will automatically turn on randomly.

The spotlight cam was just installed today, but the floodlight has been installed for several months with no issues. They are NOT in the same lighting group.

Any thoughts on a resolution?

2 Likes

Hi @sundowne00. Are there any recordings associated with the lights coming on? Or is this just a random occurrence? You can always try adjusting you Light Settings to see if decreasing the sensitivity will provide a better outcome.

1 Like

I’m having almost the same problem. The lights will turn on for about 10 seconds…this happens about every minute all night long every night. I have the lights off in settings. TURN LIGHTS ON WITH MOTION is set to “off”. It’s really getting annoying.

1 Like

I have the same problem. It’s driving me nuts and I’m sure my neighbors love it. We can’t be the only ones? I have 3 floodlight cams and 2 are always on garage lights but one is my porch light and it constantly cycles on and off all night. I’ve tried turning everything off. I’m about to just yank it and disconnect the lights. I came
On the forum to
Find out if anybody has rewired ir with a lower 800lumen light.

So disappointing.

2 Likes

Hi neighbors! I have a quick test you can perform to help determine what is happening with your Floodlight Cam. At night when the Lights are coming on randomly, try covering up the PIR motion detector (bubble) on the Floodlight Cam. If the lights are still coming on with that covered up, there may be something faulty! If the lights are staying off, then there is something in the environment that is causing the Lights to come on.

If you need more assistance with this once your have your results from that quick test, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Mine is the Spotlight cam not the Floodlight cam. Why would the sensor be the problem if I have the lights turned off for motion? It should not turn on at all whether there is motion or not.

2 Likes

Same problem. I have 4 Floorlight Cameras, Brand New and Firmware at the latest. All night long the lights flip on and off for about 10 Seconds. No motion is detected. They should only be coming on when motion is detected. I should be able to watch the video and see what smoke, animals, lights from a car or whatever that is triggering this. Very annoying to my family. Everyone complains about this and the responses are comical from support. There is a product issue here.