Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
J
Lights turn with all options off
hardwired-security-cameras
light-settings
troubleshooting
It's been very frustrating with this one camera. The lights are always coming on. I've painlessly matched all options to other cameras I have (that lights don't turn on) to have it so lights don't come on. I've even added a no light schedule for 23 hours per day and the F'ing lights still come on

07-08-2023 12:56:55

Responses (5)

C
Hi @jjkorth. Which model of Ring Security Camera do you have? You can find the model name on the original packaging an on the Device Health page in the Ring app. Knowing which device you have will help me provide relevant troubleshooting information.

09-08-2023 04:25:57

R
I have three floodlight cams (all first generation) bought at different times. They all started doing the same lights on all the time about a week ago. I ended up getting the lights to go off by resetting, but, I don’t have any control of the lights anymore. They will come on for a thirty second period every 30 minutes and hour at night. Doesn’t seem to be motion activated. They also stay on all day now. At first I thought a power outage did something now I wonder if they had a firmware or app software upgrade that caused this. I heard my neighbor resetting their Ring camera about the same time. An app update hit 2weeks ago according to the Apple app version history 5.62.0. (Perhaps the culprit) Controls are set as: on dusk till dawn every day, motion activated lights are set off, the light switch times out and gives a failed to turn on message. The other thing I noticed while resetting, power cycling and rebooting multiple times was that the lights seem to be the opposite of status on the app. When the lights are on the app shows off and visa versa. It’s also tricky to reset these old ones because the app requires a scan code. I have to manually get them back on line. It’s not intuitive. Please help figure this bug out. Thank you.

09-08-2023 11:32:31

C
Hi @Ring2112. The lights on the Floodlight Cam have a separate range of motion detection than for the Camera itself. This means that a motion may trigger the lights without triggering the Camera. The lights will always come on with motion when it's dark enough outside. You can find more information on how to adjust the light settings [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004155866-Controlling-the-Floodlights-and-Light-Settings-on-Your-Floodlight-Cam). I'd suggest reviewing the light settings, as well as checking the area your Floodlight Cam covers for any sources of heat or reflective surfaces. The Floodlight Cam uses PIR motion detection, so those are some common triggers. Lastly, you can also perform a quick reboot in the Ring app using the [reboot option](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/7438395032980-Rebooting-your-Video-Doorbell-or-Security-Camera) on the Device Health page. This is a good troubleshooting step to try for any performance issues, and the reboot will only take a few moments. For more in-depth assistance with your Floodlight Cam, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

10-08-2023 10:14:49

D

Necesito conectar mi cámara frontal y no tengo el código de cinco dígitos que me pide para reconectarla a la Red Wi-Fi

29-01-2024 01:42:37

J

Hi @Dh8586. At the moment, we only offer support in English in the Community. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here, which do offer support in different languages.

30-01-2024 05:01:44

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User