Lights turn on in the day

During the day, my floodlight keep turning on when it detects motion. Trying to figure how I can turn this off. I only want then to come on when it detects motion at night.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi there, @Mrcambo87! The lights on the Floodlight Cam should only turn on for Motion Events when it’s dark. If it’s dark outside and your lights aren’t turning on you can adjust your motion sensitivity for triggering the lights. If it’s dark outside and you don’t want the lights to turn on at all, you can always manually control your floodlight through the manual Lights On/Off control.

As you mentioned somewhat the opposite of the above, and the concern being that lights come on during the day, please ensure this is due to the environment itself being dark. I recommend also checking light settings and scheduling options for fine tuning opportunities. Feel free to check out our help center article for more tips on controlling lights on the Floodlight Cam. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello.

It’s day time and sun’s out no clouds. I walk in front of the floodlights and the lights turn on. It even happens when I drive into my drive way. My settings are set to only turn on at night when it’s detects motion. It’s been going on every day when it detects motion.

Hi @Mrcambo87. Happy to chime in for Marley here. As mention earlier, your Floodlights should only be turning on at night. If the Floodlight is under an overhang or is somewhat shaded, it might be detecting that as darkness, causing the lights to come on. If this isn’t the case, reach out to our support team to look into this for you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.