Lights on spot lights camera wired

I was wandering is there or will there be a setting where we can stop the spotlights from going on by using the disable mode and completely disable the camera as I have it in my living room as I dont like having a cord running from outside in the weather into my house especially with kids

Hi @Dippyx3. To clarify, are you trying to disable the light on the Spotlight Cam, or have it not record at certain times? With the Modes feature, you can set it so that the Camera does not record when it is in the Home Mode, for example. You can also disable the Motion Zones for the lights specifically in the Ring App by opening the Main Menu > Devices > Spotlight Cam Wired > Device Settings > Light Settings > Motion Zones for Lights. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile:

I too would love a feature that would disable the motion sensing for lights on all floodlight cameras. When I have parties, having the security lights constantly come on and go off kills the mood of the other ambient lighting I have around our home. If I had one or two floodlights, it would not be a big deal to go and manually adjust the motion sensing for the lights, but I have six floodlights and plans for at least one more. I would love a “party” mode that keeps the lights turned on/off.

I would also like to add that having no manual control over when the lights come on/go off makes integrating floodlights with home automation systems such as Home Assistant (HA) frustrating. I have written my own automations that link some of my other smart home gear up with Ring lighting, but I have had to disable many of them because the motion sensor for the lights in the floodlight sometimes conflicts with my automations in HA. In one instance, I wanted to turn the lights off (for a party) and the motion sensor wanted them on. What I ended up with is a stobe light effect with my automation turning the light off and the motion sensor turning it back on again. That repeated until I disabled my automation.

Thank you for sharing this suggestion with the Community, @nsbyrer! I agree it would be very useful to have a toggle or a separate mode that would prevent the Floodlight Cam’s lights from coming on with motion, for situations like you mentioned. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: