Lights now triggering on all movement

Previously my spotlight cam and floodlight cam would only trigger if something approached the camera with a heat signature. I’m not sure if there has been a firmware update but seemingly they now trigger at any movement in the field of view. So a car can now drive past in the distance and the lights come on. A moth can fly toward them and the lights come on. You can probably appreciate how annoying this is. I would like to go back to the previous mode as I will have to get rid of both products if this continues.

Hi @JBall1. Here’s a few thing you can try. First, power cycle the device by disconnecting it from power for at least 5 mins, then restore power. Once the Floodlight Cam is back online, perform a reboot. You do that by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. With that done, try testing the motion to see if it is working as it used to. Let me know if this helps!

This is a known and ongoing issue myself and others have addressed in other threads. Don’t waste your time trying to ‘fix’ it. It’s clearly an issue RING needs to address. They obviously did a recent update that jacked up the sensitivity of all our cams and so far have done nothing to fix it. Even with my light area set to virtually nothing the lights are triggered by headlights. I used to have the left and middle on full and had no issues. Lights now are turned off at night. I’ll have to figure out another way to get safely into my house from my vehicle.