Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Light timeout Software bug linked devices
hardwired-security-cameras
app-request

Hi all want to report a bug with these camera that I have always had since day one but never got around to posting. Curious is anyone else deals with with same bug. For some reason even thought I have all my devices set to keep the lights on for 5 mins after motion, this option only works if the motion is trigger at the actual device. If you link the devices and the motion is triggered though another device the other devices light will come on but only stay on for 30 seconds. I am under the assumption that the whole purpose of linking is just basically extending the range motion detection triggering and keep all light setting the same. It a very annoying bug given that my house is shot gun style and if I trigger the lights via motion in the front the back lights which are link shut off before I can even walk around the side of the house. Making it virtually impossible to see given I live out in the woods.

I will note I have 6 of the flood lights and all do the same. So please don’t suggest a reset. The only thing that does seem to stay on for the 5 mins is a smart bulb that is connected to the bride and is part of a light group Which also has two flood lights that also shut off after 30 seconds.

31-01-2024 05:25:05

Responses (1)

J

Hi @user75648. This is working as intended. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

01-02-2024 06:21:24

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User