Light on Floodlight cam (wired version) keeps turning on

I just recently installed the floodlight cam (wired version). I am having an issue where the light comes on for no reason. The camera does not record nor do I receive any alert that there is motion in the direction in which the camera is facing. I have rebooted the camera several times but the problem continues. I have also checked the firmware and it is stating it is up to date. I have minimized the light sensor all the way down to stop the light from turning on every few minutes. But doing this defeats the purpose of the camera. I want the area to be well lighted when the camera is recording.

For the record I have two solar cam spotlights that never give me this problem.

1 Like

Hi @Deputy514. It sounds like you’ve done a fair amount of troubleshooting on your own, thank you! It would be best to reach out to our support team to look into this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hey Ring -

Just looked out the window - everyone on my road has a RING floodlight camera and EVERYONES lights are on!!!

Ring wtf is going on?!

Can you sort this problem out ASAP please. This is now a security risk

Hi @Brum13. I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps you have tried, but this post here has some great information. If you are unable to find a solution, the contact information for our support team can be found in that post as well.

Same thing happens on my floodlight. Its so annoying as it lights up my bedroom window. It turns off and after 30 sec. to a minute it turns back on and repeats over and over. No notification or recording. I watch out the window and theres absolutely nothing moving to set it off. I does still work when there is motion but once its gone it starts the off-on process again. Whats happening!?

Hi @UserM400. The floodlights on your Floodlight Cam are operated by passive infrared heat detection and have a radius of 270 degrees. The camera unit on your Floodlight Cam notifies you of movement within the camera’s field of view and has a range of 140 degrees. As a result, there will be times when something outside the range of the camera activates the lights. To help with this, you have the ability to adjust the motion zones for lights in your Light Settings; in your case, I would try decreasing the range for the motion zones for the lights. You can also try rebooting your Camera from the Ring app, and if that doesn’t work, power cycling your Camera can help. To power cycle your Camera, you will have to shut off the power to it for a minute and then power it back on. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.