Letter for Insurance Co. discount

Hi,
I have a Ring Protect Plus Subscription for my Napa home and my insurance company needs a letter stating that I have 24/7 monitoring of my alarm system for police and fire backup. Is this possible? Also, I am curious that I have never been able to talk to anyone at your monitoring headquarters to know that there is actually a human being watching over my system alerts.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

BTW, how does one concatact Ring and talk to a human being?

Hi @debadguy! When you register your Alarm, subscribe for Protect Plus, and enable professional monitoring, you should receive an email confirmation. This email will contain confirmation of your registration, any permit requirements of your municipality, and information that you can send your insurance provider.

If you did not receive this information, or need more, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I received an alarm permit number from the county. How do I get a letter from you stating that my alarm is professionally monitored?

Thank you

Sorry, but this response did not answer the question on how to get a letter for the insurance company.

1 Like

@debadguy and @SharpDani,

Official Alarm certificate letters are available for insurance discounts. The certificate letter is available from your Ring App, or when you login online to Ring.com. To get your Alarm certificate, follow these instructions:

Using the Ring app:

• Tap on the Menu

• Tap Settings

• Tap Monitoring (must say “Professional”)

• Tap on Insurance Certificate (and you’ll receive an email copy)

Using online:

• Login to your account on Ring.com

• Click Settings from the main menu at the top

• Click Monitoring (must say “Professional”)

• Click Insurance Certificate

• Download and/or Print and/or email the Insurance Certificate

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005025306-Ring-Alarm-System-Basic-Information

I hope you find this helpful :slight_smile:

@Marley_Ring , I think this letter is what they were specifically looking for.

1 Like

When I click on the email link in either the app or online, nothing is ever sent.

Hi @user53018. If you have tried the steps mentioned in this thread to get your Alarm Certificate and are still not receiving it, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assitance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

So I went threw the trouble of getting the certificate for the insurance. Sent it in and was declined because it was not professionally installed. Why do the insurance companies not accept for the discount if I pay for professional monitoring? Seems kinda unfair and one sided. Looks like the insurance companies are in bed with the big name security companies so that we have to pay thousands for the installation just to get a 20.00 discount. Maybe ring can look into this unfair treatment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.