Lens flare developed over time

I have had my Ring doorbell for close to 2 years, but recently it’s developed a lens flare in the middle. I’ve cleaned the lens, but nothing helps. Attached are to images, one from February 2019 with a perfect image and one from today with a lens flare. Do I need to replace my device?

Hey @MsBrenda219. The contrast in light between the porch and the area outside of the porch looks like it’s causing the Doorbell’s view to be washed out, which could be what you’re seeing. You can try to increase the balance of light in the Doorbell’s overall view with some outdoor lighting on your porch to see if that helps.

Should this concern persist, I would definitely recommend contacting our support team so they can take a closer look at your Doorbell and determine if it needs to be replaced under the warranty. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: