Length of the power cable that comes with the Ring Stick Up Cam

I intend to buy a Stick-up Cam wired to install it outdoors. I need to know the length of the power cable, which is supplied with the camera. Cannot find this info on the internet. Please help me.

@Torofrans wrote:

I intend to buy a Stick-up Cam wired to install it outdoors. I need to know the length of the power cable, which is supplied with the camera. Cannot find this info on the internet. Please help me.

@Torofrans ,

I too could not find the lengths for the Plug-in Stick-up cameras online. Luckily, I own several of these cameras, and I measured. Because all are already mounted outside, I only have rough managements (unable to pull the cords taut without a big hassle to me). These rough measures are as a minimum, so you’ll probably actually get about 6 inches more.

There are Two Cords , and I realize my explanation might be difficult to understand, so I’ve attached two pictures.

When the two cords are combined together , the length a little bit over 20 feet total.

The First cord is a bit over 6 feet long. It has a custom-fit jack that inserts into the back of the Stick-up cam. The other end of this cord has a small, weather-proof electrical transformer that accepts an adapter. This transformer already comes with the

2-bladed-power adapter clicked securely in place.

The Second cord is a bit over 14 feet long. It has an adapter that can connect into the 6-foot cord’s transformer. The other end has a non-removable 2-bladed-power end.

You have two options available for you:

• If you do not need the additional 14-foot portion, you can just use the 6-foot cord,

and keep the 2-bladed-adapter plug in place .

• If you require more than 6-feet, firmly press on the “Push” button and slide the

bladed-adapter off the transformer. Then slide on the 14-foot adapter until it

clicks securely in place. This will take a bit of physical pressure, because there is

an orange gasket on this adapter to provide a water-tight electrical connection.

This adapter also has 4 holes for mounting screws to secure the transformer.

So basically, have a 6-foot cord length, or the option to convert it into a 20-foot cord.

I hope my explanation is not too confusing, and it is helpful to you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your efforts

2 Likes

@Torofrans wrote:

Thank you for your efforts

@Torofrans ,

You are welcome. My pleasure! :slight_smile:

@Torofrans ,

UPDATE CORRECTION: In my previous post in this tread on 08-26-2020, I tried to measure the length the cord length as best that I could, without pulling down the already-mounted cord. These previous rough measurements were as a minimum. I purchased another Stick-up camera, and I received it today. So, I re-measured the cords right out of the box. And I wanted to post the corrected, more accurate lengths of the cords.

The Two Cords , when attached/combined together , the length is 22.9 feet total.

• The First cord is a bit over 8 feet long , (not 6’ as previously posted).

• The Second cord total length of 14.9 feet long. Just the wire cord portion is 14.6 feet long, and the transformer adapter part adds another 2" to the length.

You have two options available for you:

• If you do not need the additional 14.9-foot portion, you can just use the 8-foot cord, and keep the 2-bladed-adapter plug in place .

• If you require more than 8-feet, firmly press on the “Push” button and slide the bladed-adapter off the transformer. Then slide on the 14.9-foot adapter until it clicks securely in place.

I hope this ‘more accurate’ measurement is helpful to you, or others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes