Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
B
Leaving a charger permanently connected to the USB charging port
troubleshooting
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
In my situation with my Ring Doorbell 1st Gen I can leave the charger plugged in permanently as I am not using the wall mount. In the app it says hardwired. I was thinking this is the same situation as the Ring available solar charger? What I would like to know is it safe to have a charger permanently connected. (I am using a 850mw phone charger)

27-01-2023 11:05:39

Responses (2)

T
Hi @Buddynz. The doorbell is not intended to be used this way. It's best to charge your doorbell using the micro USB cable, then disconnect the cable and mount your doorbell.

30-01-2023 02:36:30

C
That’s not an answer. Can I leave a ring doorbell plugged into usb charger. It’s inside. I use it as a pet monitor. Am I doing harm to the unit?

15-10-2023 05:48:34

T
Hi @Charlie943. The answer is no. No, you can't leave it plugged into the USB charger. This Google search [here](https://www.google.com/search?q=can+i+leave+my+charger+plugged+in+all+the+time&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS925US926&oq=can+i+leave+my+charger+plugged+in+all+the+time&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDc3MDlqMGo0qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) highlights the risks of doing this. Rechargeable batteries are not designed to be constantly connected to power.

16-10-2023 06:27:51

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

15-11-2023 06:28:52

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User