Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
R
Lag with video doorbell second generation
connectivity
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

Can you tell me why It takes so long for my doorbell to activate.if I come to the door unlock it ,I can be inside and closed before it reacts.and then a minute or so before it tells me on my phone.my phone is about 2 meters away

19-12-2023 12:08:55

Responses (3)

C

Hi @raggyt. Delayed motion detection or alerts are usually caused by a weak or unstable wifi signal. Try checking the signal strength on the Device Health page in the Ring app. Improving the signal should reduce delays.

20-12-2023 08:23:58

S

Hi there. I am having the same issue. I’ve checked my WiFi speed and the doorbells signal strength and both are good. When someone rings our doorbell my phone is notified 10-15 minutes later. Same with motion alerts. By that time the person who rang is gone or we’ve missed the person attempting to break into our vehicle. Kinda the reason we have the ring is for somewhat instant notifications. Suggestions?

12-05-2024 03:03:40

J

Hi @Sdkotko. I would also recommend rebooting your Doorbell using the Ring app to see if it helps. Also, reboot your router by unplugging it from power for a few seconds and plugging it back in. If you have tried these additional steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

13-05-2024 06:12:00

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User