Keypad on wrong network but stuck with white 3s LED blink

Hi all,

We just recently moved into our new house that had an existing Ring system. I have managed to get the base system and all peripherals attached after some research. My only outstanding issue is that the keypad reports to be on the “wrong network” requiring a factory reset. All instructions for resetting it are not working. The pad flashes a 3 second white LED over and over. Holdnig the “5” key and pressing the reset button on the back makes a faint pop on the speaker in .5 sec intervals and does not reset the unit. I have no idea what is going on with this thing. Is there anyway to plug it into a PC and straighten it out? I’m almost ready to use it as a door stop.

Thanks in advance!

Cliff

1 Like

bump?

I believe what happened is perhaps the firmware update didn’t complete correctly and it bricked the keypad. Unfortunately, it started the FW update while I was trying to get the system online and it doesn’t appear to have a protocol for interrupted or incomplete update. Any advice or experience would be most appreciated!

Hi @CPD68. It’s possible the factory reset isn’t going through because the device is still in your system. Please follow these steps to get the keypad removed and then re-added:

• Open the Ring app and go to the main menu at the top left

• Select Devices, Alarm Base Station, and then find the keypad in your list

• From the keypad’s profile, select the gear icon at the top right

• Select Advanced Options and then Remove Failed Device

• If the Remove Failed Device doesn’t work, please follow the normal “Remove Device” process

Once the device is removed, perform the factory reset of the keypad. Once it’s reset, please re-add the device back to your app through the “Set up a Device” section in the main menu. If you run into any roadblocks during this process, please reach out to our support them here. Let me know how it goes!

i’m having the same problem, i have a 1st gen keypad that doesn’t stop blink, we bought it for our new house, and we opened the box and configure some of the devices, my husband linked it to his account, but we still had some improvements to do, so we just storage everything in the box again (this was like 4 months ago).

Yesterday we decided to finally use it and linked it to my account, because i had in there the ring doorbell, so we remove the devices from my husband account and linked it with mine, the base station and the contact sensor worked ok, but when we tried to setting up the keypad, the message with “worng network” appear, then i plug the keypad to the base station with the cable, but started to blink white, and is blinking since yesterday.

I tried to remove the device, factory reset, and nothing happen…

when i unplugged the keypad it’s dead, nothing happens, the light are all off.

I don’t know what to do anymore… i did what it said here to remove from the base,

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hi @CPD68. It’s possible the factory reset isn’t going through because the device is still in your system. Please follow these steps to get the keypad removed and then re-added:

• Open the Ring app and go to the main menu at the top left

• Select Devices, Alarm Base Station, and then find the keypad in your list

• From the keypad’s profile, select the gear icon at the top right

• Select Advanced Options and then Remove Failed Device

• If the Remove Failed Device doesn’t work, please follow the normal “Remove Device” process

Once the device is removed, perform the factory reset of the keypad. Once it’s reset, please re-add the device back to your app through the “Set up a Device” section in the main menu. If you run into any roadblocks during this process, please reach out to our support them here. Let me know how it goes!

and i did it, then tried factory reset (AGAIN), and nothing change. I add it again, and i just have the same message of “wrong network” i don’t know what else to do :frowning:

Somebody please help

Thank you for trying those steps @Karlita88! As you mentioned the Keypad not showing the intended lights when connected to the Base Station, there may be a power concern here. Rather than plugging into the Base Station, please plug the Keypad into a standard outlet and allow some time for charging, in case the battery is dead.

After some time, retry a setup in the Ring app. If the setup is yielding the same results, and the steps you tried prior still do not resolve this concern, this may require a more in-depth look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.