Keypad illumination

Anyway to Illuminate keypad?
4:00am and have turn on lights to see keypad numerals. Wait 30 seconds to let blindness subside…

1 Like

Good question @WmL! Your Keypad should illuminate its buttons when it’s dark, or when a button is pushed. This can vary depending on factors such as lighting in the area, power save mode, and being plugged in.

If your Keypad is plugged in the mode lights should always be on and the buttons should illuminate. Check out the bottom portion of this help center article about Keypad lights for more information. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have any photos or screen shots of what the keypad looks like when you press one of the numerals and the keypad lights up? I have an older Simpli-Safe system and this is my one beef with that system - it’s hard to turn off the alarm in the dark if I have to take my dog out in the middle of the night.

@awier0915 Are you looking for pictures of the Gen 1 Keypad lit up, or the Gen 2 Keypad? I would be happy to take a picture of my Gen 1 Keypad for you, but I only ask because if you are getting the newer Gen 2 Keypad, I do not have this product and we would have to see if another neighbor has a picture! :slight_smile:

Hi - I’d love a photo of yours - if Gen1 has it, I’m sure Gen2 will have it as well because surely the newer generation would not have that kind of loss of functionality, right?

@awier0915 So the Keypad lights will light up when it’s dark enough, which I struggled to do with my Gen 1 Keypad. :joy_cat: No worries though, I was able to reach out to a fellow Ring employee with the Gen 2 Keypad who had a picture of this! Please see the attached photo to see what this looks like. I figured it was important to get you that photo of the Gen 2 since the Gen 1 is no longer available for purchase, and we made improvements to the Gen 2 and the lights to be more visible. Let me know what you think or if you have any other questions!

1 Like

That’s perfect - thanks so much!

1 Like