Keypad (Gen 2) how to increase volume of alarm speech + tones

I have the same issue. I’ve increased the volume of the base station and keypad and at its loudest we can hear the alarm go off in the house but the keypad chime is still low and there is no way a neighbor would hear the alarm if it went off. The alarm isn’t loud compared to other security products I’ve had before. Can this be fixed? It doesn’t look like it? I’m close to asking for a refund if it can’t be fixed

I recently “upgraded” from a gen. 1 keypad to a gen. 2 keypad and the Entry Delay volume of the gen. 2 keypad, even at max volume in the app, was insanely quiet. I’m sending the gen. 2 keypad back to Ring and keeping my gen. 1 keypad.

I called Ring customer service and just got the runaround (a total waste of time) on increasing the volume in the app. Hey Ring, the volume is on 100% and this thing is as quiet as a church mouse!

Ring must know this is a problem. I talked to three customer service people and none of them told me they had heard this was a problem. I find that impossible to believe.

+1 to this being a big problem requiring a fix. I love the ring system other than this. However, the super quiet entry tone has more that once caused us issues.

Totally agree. I literally just walked in the house and set off my alarm because I didn’t hear it going off. Ring, PLEASE send us an update this is ridiculous.

+10000
New user and just set off my alarm this morning because I forgot to disarm - never heard it!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Search online and found this post. Very sad.

1 Like

Just installed a Gen 2 keypad as replacement for Gen 1. I reiterate all the comments on the volume of the keypad. It is much too low, even at maximum setting. Get with it, Ring. This should not be a hard problem to fix with a firmware update. I may have to revert to the Gen 1 due to this problem.

Hello just replaced an older ADT system with the Ring gen 2. The only issue I am having it the chime volume when arming and coming in the house reminding us to disarm. The volume is turned all the way up on the base station and the keypad and it sounds like something you would play to calm the mood. This needs changed asap Ring it is unacceptable and we will not be able to keep your system if it is not fixed! Increase the volume!

I feel the same way, I just replaced my ADT with Ring, the volume is totally unacceptable. There has to be a way to update firmware and make these adjustments to increase the volume, when the doors open, the tones are way too low… I was so excited to purchase this system but very disappointed in the volume performance, I have a son who is hard of hearing and this is no way going to work in my home if the volume cant go any higher. I really would love to keep this system, but if volumes cant be adjusted any higher, I am sadly going to have to return it.

After I made my initial post, I went back and read others and surprisingly found that alot of people have the same complaint. Just wondering if anyone from Ring reads these comments/suggestions and actually responds, or is this just a waste of time posting??

1 Like

I am with you, I switched from ADT and find myself very disappointed in the volume, I hope someone actually monitors this community and takes some actions to get this fixed.

Ideal solution for ring.
Create two volume levels - one for setting and un- setting and one for the opening door chirps, as they just want to be heard in the back ground.
Also suggest having a silent setting for home setting at night so it doesn’t wake up those asleep when last man standing goes to bed! :+1:

1 Like

Super annoyed and disappointed at this too. My father is hard of hearing and he sets off the alarm regularly when going out for the paper in the morning. At max volume the keypad and honestly even the base station are way too quiet…

Please fix this with a firmware update or I’ll be canceling and going with a different product. Especially for a security product you think audible alarms and prompts would be top priority…

Do better ring… Do better

Hi @djjaeger82. If your father is going out in the morning to get the paper, and he is setting off the Ring Alarm system, this Help Center article here should help with that. This shows you how to bypass a sensor without setting off the alarm system.

1 Like

Is there going to be a fix for this issue? I have 2 keypads in a small home and can barely hear them with both at full volume? Please advise or I may need to return the system.

Add me to the chorus of very frustrated new Ring customers.

The Entry Delay chirps are quiet, so if you open the door after forgetting to disarm, you don’t notice.

The main siren itself is completely underwhelming. Maybe it would wake us up if the house was completely silent, but certainly not if we were wearing earplugs or watching TV.

This seems like a deal killer to me. I’m starting to regret the purchase and barring a solution in the next few weeks, will likely go back to my old security system.

I agree, the keypad needs to beep when counting down for arm or exit- chimes are way too loud. Pleas fix ring.

Over the weekend, I replaced my Napco system with the ring. While everything about the system is fantastic, I’ve noticed that the countdown tone is too low in frequency. My daughter accidentally set off the alarm twice because she couldn’t hear the tone over the background noise in the house. Although the overall volume of the announcements on the keypads is sufficient, the countdown tone is too subtle. It would be great if Ring could update the tone or provide a feature to choose alternative tones for the countdown.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.