Keypad chirp on all alarms even when disarmed

Is it possible to toggle which sensors cause a chirp from the keypad? Even when the system is set to disarmed, any alarm will trigger they keypad chirp. I would like to play chirps from the keypad in home/away mode, but at this point I have to disable the feature entirely since it will chirp in disarmed mode.

Good question, @Slothko! Chirps can certainly be controlled by mode or per Alarm device. As you mentioned, when visiting the Ring App > Menu > Settings > Modes, each mode will have an option for chirps to be enabled or disabled for the mode. Alternatively, if you visit the Ring app Menu > Devices > Alarm > Keypad, your Keypad page in the Ring app should have a “Play chirps” toggle.

These options will help you enable/ disable chirps by mode or on the Keypad altogether. As for your other Alarm devices, you can choose the chirp tones used and enable/ disable chirps per device. If this answer did not provide the exact solution you are looking for, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

The mode toggle turns off the alarm base chirp, but the keypad still chirps in said mode. Why?

Hi @Pdt165. At this time, this is intended behavior. I’d recommend creating a post on our Feature Request board to have the chirps be disabled on both the Base Station and the Keypad when they are turned off under the Modes settings. I’ve also passed this feedback along to my team, but we use the Feature Request board to gauge neighbor interest in a certain request.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.